School of Medical Laboratory Science Application Process
The upcoming program start dates and application deadline are as follows:
Start dates: June and December
October 1: Application Documentation, Processing Fee, Transcripts
November 10: Interview
How to Apply
The Beaumont Hospitals, Beaumont Schools of Allied Health Application Packet may be downloaded or requested from the program director or the school secretary at 248-551-8155.
The Beaumont Hospitals School of Medical Laboratory Science participates in the Medical Technology Internship Matching Program of Michigan (MTIMPM). If you are planning on seeking admission to Medical Laboratory Science programs at other MTIMPM hospitals, we will accept the MTIMPM application and reference forms (to avoid any duplication of effort from your reference contacts).
The following application materials must be compiled by the applicant and sent to the Program Director.
Completed Application Packet
Application Fee (non-refundable) of $40 (Please make checks payable to William Beaumont Hospital School of Medical Laboratory Science, in U.S. funds.)
Transcript(s). You must submit a separate transcript from each college or university attended. It is not necessary to submit an "official" sealed copy of the transcript. A legible photocopy or web printout of the transcript is acceptable. However, each copy submitted must clearly indicate the name of the institution & name of the student on each page. They must be in chronological order and contain the overall GPA for each institution. Computer generated student grade reports not accepted. Foreign degree evaluations MUST show grades and credit hours from all colleges and universities attended. (See listing below for preferred designated agencies.)
Academic Course Plan Please download the file. Type in course work, credit hour and grade information. Save and print file before submitting with application.
- Three Recommendation forms located in the Application Packet. One must be from an employer and two from science or medical laboratory science faculty. (Letters from family members or friends are NOT accepted.
- Permanent Resident documentation of U.S. Citizenship (Greencard) from the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services if you are not a U.S. citizen.
Copy of diploma, if you have already graduated.
IMPORTANT: It is recommended you submit the completed application one to two months prior to the deadline to guarantee your preferred interview date/time.
- Interviews are conducted Monday through Friday from August 15th through November 10th in the year prior to the start of the clinical program.
- Once all application materials have been sent, applicants must call to schedule a personal on-site interviews.
Interviews can be scheduled by calling 248-551-8155, Monday through Friday, 9AM to 4PM. Interviews will still be granted if recommendation forms are in progress.
Prior to the interview, the student must read the information contained within the Beaumont Laboratory Confidentiality Agreement. The student must download, print and bring the signed document to the interview.
The Selection Process
- After the interview, the student must complete and submit MTIMPM Preference List and Fee to the MTIMPM Administrator of University Advisor. This must be postmarked no later than November 20th.
- The MTIMPM computer match will run during the first two weeks of December.
- Applicants will be informed of their admission status (match outcome) between December 15th and December 31st via e-mail.
Beaumont's School of Medical Laboratory Science considers all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, weight, height, national origin, marital status or handicaps.
Preferred Agencies for Foreign Transcript Evaluations
International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 66940
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Other acceptable evaluation agencies can be found at the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Registry website.
A student who wishes to voluntarily discontinue the program shall tender a written resignation. Until written notification of withdrawal is received, the student shall be expected to comply with all requirements of the program. A student who withdrawals from the program must reapply for any future admission.