School of Medical Laboratory Science Fees & Scholarships
Application fee (non-refundable) $ 40
Tuition (non-refundable):* $ 5,000 *
Textbooks (approximate) $ 200-550
(Students are expected to purchase from provided list.)
Uniform scrubs/shoes/lab coat Students are expected to purchase; must meet program criteria.
- Scrubs - royal blue; $20-40 each set
- Shoes – non-cloth; athletic; $25-60
- Lab coat – white; $20-25 each
National certification exam fee $ 225 (paid to ASCP BOC upon program graduation)
Housing, food and living expenses $ varies per student
Transportation $ varies per student
There are no meal, housing or stipend programs.
* The students selected into the program are required to pay:
- 50% of a non-refundable acceptance deposit of $2,500 upon acceptance.
- The remaining $2,500 tuition will be due before the first day of program Orientation (mid-December or mid-June) depending on program start date.
- Any student who misses tuition payments will not be permitted to begin the program.
- Any student who withdraws or is dismissed from the program will receive no refund of previous tuition payments.
- Payment accepted via check or money order only. Make payable to Beaumont Laboratory, Clinical Pathology. No credit card payments accepted.
Contact program director for further details.
Scholarships & Award Opportunities
Scholarships from various laboratory professional organizations are available to qualified students. Information and applications can be found at the professional organization web sites by clicking on the hyperlinks listed below.
American Society of Clinical Pathology - ASCP
- Siemens-ASCP Scholarship (November deadline)
- Seimens Legacy Scholarship (November deadline)
- ASCP Student Honor Award (early March deadline)
American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science - ASCLS
- Alpha Mu Tau Undergraduate Scholarship (April 1 deadline)
- Note: There are six endowment funds: Ruth French Memorial, James Holley Memorial, Dorothy Morrison Memorial, Ida and May Reilly Memorial, Martha Winstead Memorial and Royce Watson Fund. Each fund awards one, or more, scholarships per year in addition to the general fund awards.
- ASCLS-Michigan BEAM Award (early April deadline)
- ASCLS-Michigan Poster Competition Award (early April deadline)
South Central Association for Clinical Microbiology – SCACM
- Clinical Laboratory Science Students interested in Microbiology (February deadline)
American Association for Clinical Chemistry – AACC
- Van Slyke Foundation Student Research Award ( March 1 deadline)
Additional scholarship links
- NAACLS Student Center
- American Proficiency Institute Scholarship Program (November deadline; contact Stacy McCalpin at 800-333-0958)