Anticoagulation Management Service
If you are taking warfarin/Coumadin®, you know how time consuming it can be to have your INR levels monitored. Beaumont’s Anticoagulation Management Service is a telemanaged service that monitors your INR levels and keeps them in an ideal target range.
The nursing staff has specialized training in warfarin/Coumadin® dosing. Because of the quality of the staff, Anticoagulation Management Services can:
- reduce the number of issues including gastrointestinal bleeding, cardiovascular accident, transient ischemic attack, pulmonary embolism, intracranial bleed, etc.
- enable you to assume greater responsibility for self-care through health education about the safe use of warfarin/Coumadin®, the physical signs and symptoms of bleeding or thromboembolism and the importance of laboratory monitoring
- improve your adherence to the prescribed regimen and improve your overall quality of life
- use any laboratory for INR or use our new home fingerstick monitoring program
- monitoring can begin on the first business day following discharge from the hospital or ECF
- assessments and one-on-one warfarin/Coumadin® teaching by a nurse who specializes in Coumadin® management
- 24-hour turnaround time from blood draw to patient notification on abnormal INRs that use a Beaumont laboratory Monday through Friday
- dosing schedule, INR results and next INR date mailed to the home within two to three business days of the last INR; or results can be sent directly to your myBeaumont Chart
For more information, please call Beaumont’s Anticoagulation Management Service:
Financial Services Center
16500 West 12 Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48076
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
An on-call nurse is available during non-business hours.