Breast Cancer - Are You At Risk?
Are you at a high risk for developing breast cancer?
- Two relatives (on the same side of the family) diagnosed with breast cancer
- A relative diagnosed with breast cancer under the age of 50 or with ovarian cancer
at any age
- A male relative with breast cancer
- Any family history of breast or ovarian cancer that is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent
- A family history of several individuals with cancer at a young age
- A personal history of breast cancer, atypia or lobular carcinoma in situ
- A personal history of prior chest radiation (Hodgkin’s disease)
- A known or suspected carrier of either BRCA1 and/or BRCA2 gene mutations