Beaumont Hospital - Cardiac Surgery
New advancements in cardiac surgery are being made everyday - some of them right here at Beaumont. Working together with the cardiology department, the department of cardiac surgery offers a seamless transition from one stage in your cardiac care to the next.
Using the latest diagnostic techniques and surgeries, the cardiac surgeons at Beaumont offer up-to-the-minute medical treatment for even the most difficult diagnosis. Named one of the top hospitals in the United States by U.S. News & World Report for the treatment of cardiovascular disease for the past five years, Beaumont provides cardiac patients with life-saving procedures and techniques.
With a national reputation for excellence and treatment options tailored to fit your cardiac needs, you can count on the Beaumont cardiac team to help you recover from your surgery. And offering open-heart surgery at the Royal Oak and Troy hospitals gives you more care options than ever before.
Beaumont Cardiac Surgery Firsts
Here are just a few of Beaumont's significant contributions to the advancement of cardiac surgery:
- 2003 Beaumont is the first and only cardiac surgery program in Michigan to perform robotic cardiac surgery.
- 2003 Beaumont is the first to use the latest technology in the treatment of atrial fibrillation and is moving toward a less invasive and total cure for atrial fibrillation.
- 2002 Beaumont Cardiac Surgeons are the first in Metro Detroit to offer Medtronic Colvin-Galloway FutureTM Bands to patients with mitral valve insufficiency.
- 2002 Beaumont Cardiac Surgeons are the first in the Midwest to implant the Medtronic AdvantageTM prosthetic heart valve.
Cardiac Surgery Excellence at Beaumont
Here are key highlights of Beaumont's cardiac surgery program:
- Beaumont is a national training center for heart rhythm surgery and heart valvular repair.
- Beaumont is leader in surgery for congestive heart failure.
- Beaumont now offers stent grafts for thoracic aneurysms.
- Beaumont surgeons have performed over 4,000 cases of endoscopic vein harvesting.
- Beaumont Hospital is #1 in the world in the use of new mini-circuit heart-lung machines. These machines minimize patient stroke risk and transfusion requirements following bypass surgery.
- Because of innovative practice and quality outcomes in valve surgery, Beaumont Hospital is the first hospital to implant the latest generation heart valves as selected by the valve industry.
- Beaumont continues to be a leader and a participant in the state of Michigan in assuring quality cardiac care and involved in programs to promote constant improvement in cardiac surgical care.