Beaumont Commercialization is Beaumont Health System’s technology transfer and commercialization office.
Beaumont Commercialization oversees the development and patenting of new technologies created by Beaumont Health System employees with the goal of bringing medical technology from idea to market as quickly and effectively as possible.
Beaumont Commercialization achieves its objectives through the following:
- Manage the Beaumont Health System intellectual property portfolio
- Facilitate the invention process by working with Beaumont employees throughout the entire invention and patent process
- Consult with Beaumont employees on the patent and technology transfer process
- Work closely with patent attorneys, industry, and potential licensees
- Provide business, legal, marketing and development support
- Evaluate the patentability and commercial potential of inventions
- Market and license technologies in the Beaumont Health System portfolio.
Examples of medical innovations developed and patented by inventors at Beaumont include cone beam technology for cancer treatment and automatic breathing control technology, also for cancer treatment.
Have an idea? Contact us to set up an informal meeting to discuss.