Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The WorkAbilitySM Program is a highly specialized service that helps people return to work after an occupational injury, accident or illness, and assists employers and employees in preventing on-the-job injuries.
- The Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE): An evaluation of the client's physical and cognitive capabilities to safely perform critical job demands.
- Work Hardening: Graded work simulation of actual job tasks and conditioning exercises to help people return to work and increase level of function.
- Education: Instruction in proper use of body mechanics, pain-controlling techniques, ergonomic principles and exercise programs.
- On-Site Job Analysis: Task analysis to identify physical and cognitive demands on the job and potential ergonomic stressors. Video and still-picture documentation is available.
- Industrial Injury Prevention: In-service training to industries. A work site assessment with photographic documentation is completed with recommendations to prevent ergonomic stressors
- Job Coaching: Working with the client at the work site, we provide recommendations for job accommodations and body mechanics instruction; essentially "coaching" clients while they perform critical job demands.
- Pain Management: .
The WorkAbilitysm Program treats a wide variety of diagnosis but not limited to:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Neurological and neuromuscular disorders
- Orthopedic neck, back, upper and lower extremity injuries
- Repetitive motion/cumulative trauma injuries
Workers' Compensation and Auto insurances provide coverage with prior authorization. Individuals may qualify for alternative funding. Most medical insurance policies do not cover for this service. Coverage depends on individual benefits.
- The WorkAbilitysmProgram's industrial room (837 sq. ft) is one-of-a-kind. It features job simulation equipment, including: overhead conveyor belt, grinder, air compressor, band saw, table saw, drill press, hand and electrical tools, scaffolding, construction cube.
- Material-handling work stations
- Cardio-workout: Treadmills, Nu-Stepper, elliptical, rowing and stair stepper machines.
- Motion Controlled driver seat to simulate truck and Hi-Lo driving.
For more information on the WorkAbilitysm Program
- Grosse Pointe Campus
- Royal Oak Campus
- Troy Campus
- Medical Centers
- Lake Orion
- Macomb Township
- Rochester Hills
- St. Clair Shores
- Sterling Heights
- West Bloomfield
- Beaumont Health Center
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Childhood Speech & Language Disorders
- Children's Rehabilitation
- Communication Disorders
- Driver Rehabilitation
- Hand Therapy
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
- Nutrition & Preventative Medicine
- Occupational Therapy
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Stress Testing
- Weight Control Center
- WorkAbility Program
- Additional Outpatient Locations
- Health & Wellness Centers
- Dialysis Centers
- Home Medical Equipment Store Locations