Orthopedics on the Leading Edge - Sports Medicine
Wednesday, July 21
Assessing Orthopedic Needs: Professional vs. Amateur Athletes
Kyle Anderson, M.D.
Imagine how important a shoulder is to a wide receiver or a pitcher. For professional athletes, their entire career depends on their bodies performing at their peak, which is why they’re so particular about their doctors and so many of them choose Beaumont.
Join Kyle Anderson, M.D., a sports medicine orthopedic surgeon at Beaumont Hospital, as he talks about common sports injuries, offers tips for preventing them before they happen, and explains what to do if you find yourself in need of an orthopedic specialist.
- Listen now, learn more about sports medicine at Beaumont
- Learn more about innovative treatments for sports injuries, including new platelet rich injections that give tennis elbow a “shot” at healing
- Find a Beaumont Sports Medicine specialist near you today
Beaumont's Orthopedic Research Improves Patient Care
Gloria Kopper, R.N.
When procedures and technology aren’t good enough, Beaumont invents something better. Join Gloria Kopper, R.N., director of orthopedic research, as she talks about innovative new research projects at Beaumont Hospitals, such as the Joint Simulator, where teams make time move a little faster with a hip wear simulator that takes the components of hip replacements and simulates the motion of walking.
- Listen now
- Learn more about orthopedic research at Beaumont, including research on high rates of knee injuries in female athletes
Sports Medicine for Kids
Paul Schreck, M.D.
Organized sports activities are great for teaching your child discipline and teamwork, but it also makes them more prone to injuries. Join Paul Schreck, M.D., an orthopedic surgeon at Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe, as he discusses common sports injuries in children and ways to prevent problems early.
- Listen now
- Learn more about pitching injuries in young pitchers
- Find a Beaumont Pediatric Sports Medicine specialist near you today
Physical Medicine and Sports Injury Rehabilitation
John Maltese, M.D.
The summer weather may be calling you to hit the links, jump on the bike or dig in the dirt, but 18 holes isn’t so much fun when your back hurts and riding your bike isn’t relaxing when your knees ache. Join John Maltese, M.D., a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist at Beaumont Hospitals, for a conversation on getting beyond the pain with therapy, exercise and rehabilitation.
- Listen now
- Learn more about rehabilitation services at Beaumont Hospitals
- Find a Beaumont Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation specialist near you today.
Beaumont in the News