The Maggie Allesee Scholarship Award
Maggie Allesee is one of metro Detroit’s number one community supporters. She is on dozens of committees, has won numerous community and non-profit awards and donates millions of dollars to schools, churches, religious groups, charities, police organizations and other programs. Maggie Allesee is known as one of Southeast Michigan’s most generous philanthropists. She serves the Schools of Nursing Board of Visitors at Oakland University and on its Nightingale Awards Committee recognizing nurses.
Maggie’s gift to Beaumont hospital is to award two of our nurses with a $1000 scholarship to be used toward completing either a baccalaureate or master’s degree program in nursing.
Eligibility requirements include:
- The applicant must be currently employed as a direct patient care nurse at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
- The applicant must have been accepted into a bachelor’s completion program or master’s degree program or currently enrolled in a program
- A completed application, with all required signatures and supporting documentation, must be submitted to the Maggie Allesee Nursing Scholarship Award Review Committee by the deadline
- Nursing at Beaumont
- Awards for Nursing Excellence
- Nursing Leadership
- Nursing Units
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Research
- Nurse Community Involvement
- Nursing Careers
- Nursing Annual Reports