Pain Medicine Code of Ethical Conduct
Your pain medicine team is committed to the following standards of practice:
- Care is provided in a competent, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Honest communication between patients, family members and team members is critical to effective care.
- The rights of each patient are protected and team members will safeguard patient information within the constraints of the law.
- Each member of the Pain Medicine Team shall engage in continual education and learning to provide patients with the most advanced and up-to-date care.
- Our team members shall participate in activities contributing to the improvement of the community and public health.
- The best possible care for each patient is of critical importance.
- Access to appropriate care for pain should be timely and effective.