Beaumont is consistently recognized - nationally and locally and is singled out by diverse and respected organizations and institutions for its strong performance - in a broad range of categories.
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report : Cardiology & Heart Surgery (38); Diabetes & Endocrinology (30); Ear, Nose & Throat (23); Gastroenterology (36); Geriatrics (45); Nephrology (48); Neurology & Neurosurgery (37); Orthopedics (19); Pulmonology (23); Urology (35).
- Information Week 500 list of top technology innovators (2012) and “Most Wired” by Health & Hospitals Networks.
- UHC Quality Leadership Award , recognizing Royal Oak among top 10 performers in the areas of mortality, effectiveness, safety, quality, equity, patient centeredness and efficiency, 2012
- National Research Corporation, Consumer Choice Award , Royal Oak, 2012, 17th year in row
- Thomson Reuters “100 Top Hospitals” (Troy) and Becker’s Review 100 Great Hospitals (Royal Oak).
- 2012 Transformational Leadership Award, presented by the American Hospital Association and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives
- Best and Brightest Sustainable Company (Corp! Magazine) and Michigan Green Leader (Detroit Free Press)
- A member of the High Value Healthcare Collaborative, a national collaboration designed to improve health care quality, lower costs and expand best care practices to other providers. Beaumont is the only Michigan health system participating in the Collaborative.
- American College of Radiology’s Center of Excellence in Breast Imaging (Royal Oak and Troy)
- American College of Surgeons’ Level 1A Bariatric Surgery Center; Level 1 Trauma Center (Royal Oak); Level 1 Accredited Educational Institute (Marcia & Eugene Applebaum Surgical Learning Center, Royal Oak); National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (Royal Oak and Troy); and Commission on Cancer accreditation (Royal Oak).
- Recognized as centers of distinction by insurance agencies in the following areas: Bariatric Surgery, Complex and Rare Cancers (Royal Oak); Adult Kidney Transplant (Royal Oak); Cardiac Care, Spine Surgery (Royal Oak and Troy); and Knee/Hip Surgery (Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak and Troy)
- Joint Commission’s Primary Stroke Center Certification (Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak, Troy), Gold Seal of Approval for total knee and total hip replacement (Royal Oak) and Chest Pain Center Accreditation (Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak, Troy)
- Michigan’s only Baby Friendly Hospital, the Cotton Family Birth Center (Grosse Pointe)
Excellence at Beaumont
One of the world's largest interventional cardiology programs and one of the nation's leading centers for cardiac research, including heart attack research that established angioplasty as standard of care and CT angiography best for diagnosis.
The only Level 1 trauma designation, by the American College of Surgeons, in Oakland and Macomb counties
One of Michigan's largest hospital-based continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) programs
Michigan's largest group of ophthalmology sub specialists and an international referral center for treatment of retinopathy of prematurity
The only hospital in the U.S. performing nerve rerouting surgery to help paraplegics and children with spina bifida urinate.
One of the nation's leading centers for treatment of liver disease, hepatitis, ulcers and related disorders
One of the nation's leading centers for incontinence and interstitial cystitis research
One of only 50 Community Clinical Oncology Programs in the United States, designated by the National Cancer Institute
- Pioneer in refining the practice of brachytherapy to treat many types of cancer and one of the nation's leading centers for radiation oncology research
The first hospital in America to perform heart valve replacement through a catheter.
Michigan's first comprehensive preventive and diagnostic center for women's heart disease
In 2005, Cerner-APACHE recognized Beaumont's four ICUs for Best Demonstrated Practice Intensive Care Units for having outstanding patient survival and highly efficient resource use.
All three hospitals participate in collaborative patient safety and quality initiatives, including the national 5 Million Lives campaign and the Michigan Health & Hospital Association's Keystone Center for patient safety and quality.
Accredited as a Level 1 Education Institute by the American College of Surgeons.
Society of Chest Pain Centers' Chest Pain Center Accreditation - Beaumont, Grosse Pointe and Royal Oak
Learn more about the latest news from Beaumont Health System here .