Knee Physical Therapy
Knee physical therapy addresses any knee movement dysfunction through evaluation and treatment of the entire biomechanical chain to promote musculoskeletal symmetry and optimal neuromuscular function. The ultimate goal of knee therapy is to allow each patient to obtain the functional ability necessary to perform the activities required by their lifestyle and to meet the demands of their environment.
Knee physical therapists examine and treat the symptomatic knee by addressing the whole patient. Therapy consists of ongoing treatment adjustments and modifications which are customized to each patient's feedback and response. Supportive functional exercise programs are designed for each patient which are compatible with the manual techniques utilized to restore normal function. Each patient is educated regarding their condition. An individualized, progressive home exercise program is provided throughout formal therapy to supplement and increase each patient's benefit from his/her treatment. The frequency and duration of supervised therapy sessions are determined by medical necessity based on each patient's condition. A 60-90 minute commitment, 2-3 times a week is usually required until the patient achieves his/her goals.
Specialized Knee Physical Therapy Programs
- HOPE-pre-surgical program for TKA -Royal Oak
- Joint Adventure -pre-surgical program for TKA -Troy
- Spa by the Shore
Skills and Licensure of Clinicians
Licensed Physical Therapists, Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapists, Certified Athletic Trainers, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists, Certified Polestar and Stott Pilates Instructors are on staff to meet patients' needs. Each of these certifications requires advanced post-graduate education.
Knee physical therapy encompasses conditions that involve all levels of knee movement dysfunction, including:
- Acute traumatic knee injuries
- Ligament sprains/instability
- Muscle strains
- Overuse injuries
- Patellofemoral dysfunction
- All post-operative knee conditions, including TKA, HTO, ACL/PCL reconstruction, knee arthroscopy, meniscal repair/menisectomy, patellofemoral surgeries and more
Geriatric Knee Therapy
For your post acute care, Beaumont + Premier offer unique, personalized, short and long term rehabilitation services in state-of-the-art facilities located across the Metro Detroit area. Our progressive rehabilitation team includes over 400 skilled Physical, Occupational and Speech Language therapists that provide superior care in the Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne counties.
The Beaumont Knee Physical Therapy Program accepts coverage from most major insurance companies. Discount programs are available for those who qualify.
- Normalize joint arthrokinematics
- Achieve synchronized muscular balance, recruitment and strength
- Restore adaptable postural control and joint stabilization
- Promote optimal balance and proprioception
- Obtain sufficient functional ability necessary to meet environmental and lifestyle demands
- Rehabilitation Services and Programs
- Adult Rehabilitation
- Centers and Locations
- Men's Services
- Services and Benefits
- Speech and Language
- Transition to Athletics Guidance
- Women’s Services
- Your First Visit
- Children's Rehabilitation
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Adult Rehabilitation