Meeting the Needs of Our Roman Catholic Patients
Beaumont offers a variety of services to provide for the spiritual needs of our Roman Catholic patients. Ask a nurse to contact the Spiritual Care department or page the chaplain if you or your family would like further assistance. Every effort will be made to meet your needs.
A priest chaplain usually is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Call Spiritual Care 248-551-0239 (or at extension 10239 within the hospital) to request that a priest visit.
When a priest chaplain is not available, with your permission, we will be happy to call your parish priest and request that he provide assistance. Contact Spiritual Care or ask your nurse to page the chaplain.
Mass is celebrated in the Spiritual Care Center on the third floor of the Central Tower:
- Saturdays at 4 p.m. (except the Saturday before Easter Sunday)
- Sundays at 4 p.m.
- First Fridays at noon
- Ash Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Other Holy Days as announced
All masses are broadcast over closed-circuit television channel 44.
- Sacrament of the Sick (anointing, “Extreme Unction”)
- Sacrament of Reconciliation (“Confession”)
- Emergency Baptism
- Holy Communion (when a Roman Catholic chaplain or Eucharistic Minister is present)
Spiritual Care Volunteers
Local Eucharistic Ministers, when available, visit Roman Catholic patients in the morning or early afternoon to offer and administer Holy Communion.
If you would like to be added to the list of patients who wish to regularly receive Holy Communion, please contact the Spiritual Care department, a hospital chaplain, or tell a Eucharistic Minister. We cannot guarantee daily administration of Holy Communion.
- Ash Wednesday: Hospital chaplains and Eucharistic ministers round in the Hospital and on-campus buildings to impose ashes.
- Good Friday: The services and narrative readings are offered every half-hour from noon through 2 p.m. The Celebration of the Lord’s Passion with distribution of Holy Communion is offered at 2:30 p.m.
Rosaries, Fr. Solanus Casey medals, Bibles and other reading materials are available in the Spiritual Care Center and from all Hospital chaplains.
The Spiritual Care office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 248-551-0239 or extension 10239 within the hospital.
After 5 p.m. weekdays and on weekends, dial “0” and ask the operator to page the chaplain.