Troy Visiting Hours & Guidelines
Visitors are encouraged to visit between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. at Beaumont Hospital, Troy. (Some units have 24-hour "open" visitation.) Please call the hospital's front desk for specific instructions.
Beaumont Hospital, Troy
A waiting lounge is provided outside most patient care areas. In the waiting lounge, a courtesy telephone is available so you can communicate with the nursing station or the patient. Pay telephones are located near each waiting lounge. Please follow these visiting guidelines:
- Patients have the right to have a support individual, during the course of their stay, unless the individual’s presence is contraindicated. Visitors are encouraged to visit and participate in the care and recovery of our patients and to provide staff with recommendations for providing comfort and support to patients and their visitors while maintaining quality care in a therapeutic and healing environment.
- Visitors are encouraged to visit between 8:00 am and 10:00 pm. Accommodations for visiting other than these times should be made with the nursing staff, taking into account the needs of the patient and room-mate.
- For consideration of other patients, the number of visitors should be limited to two at a time.
- Children under the age of 16 who visit should be accompanied by an adult.
- Cellular phones cannot be used in certain areas of the hospital. Patient care equipment can malfunction when a cellular phone is operated within close proximity.
- For the safety of our patients, visitors and staff who have allergies, latex (rubber) balloons may not be brought into the hospital. Mylar (metallic) balloons are welcome. (Some nursing units do not permit balloons or flowers.)
Beaumont is committed to a smoke-free environment for its patients, visitors, employees and volunteers. State law prohibits smoking on hospital premises.