School of Radiation Therapy Mission & Goals
The Beaumont Hospital School of Radiation Therapy is dedicated to sustaining excellence in education and to quality and safety of patient care through the didactic approach and clinical training of competent Radiation Therapy students. This is achieved by providing a program of instruction in the theory and ethical practice of radiation therapy technology. This program will reflect the high standards of patient care established at Beaumont Hospital.
Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
Problem Solving and Critical Thinking Skills
Goal 1: Students will use critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- SLO 1: Students can recognize and rectify deviations related to treatment delivery
- SLO 2: Students can recognize and rectify deviations related to simulation procedures
Clinical Performance and Competence
Goal 2: Students/graduates will be clinically competent.
- SLO 1: Students will accurately utilize all systems needed to deliver radiation therapy treatments
- SLO 2: Students/graduates will be able to advise patients on basic care
- SLO 3: Students will be able to design a basic treatment plan
Goal 3: Students will be able to communicate.
- SLO 1: Students will demonstrate oral communication skills
- SLO 2: Students will practice written communication skills
Professional Growth and Development
Goal 4: Students will evaluate the importance of professional growth and development.
- SLO 1: Students will determine the importance of continued professional development
- SLO 2: Students will summarize their professional obligations upon gaining their ARRT certification