Children's Sleep Studies
Beaumont Sleep Evaluation Services can diagnose and treat even the most complex pediatric sleep disorders.
Children and teens are not immune to sleep disorders.
The most common indications that a child might have a sleep disorder include:
- the clinical assessment suggests the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS)
- the clinical evaluation following adenotonsillectomy if there are residual symptoms of OSAS
- preoperative evidence for moderate to severe OSAS, obesity, craniofacial anomalies that obstruct the upper airway, and neurologic disorders (e.g., Down syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, and myelomeningocele)
- congenital central alveolar hypoventilation syndrome or sleep related hypoventilation due to neuromuscular disorders or chest wall deformities
- cases considered for adenotonsillectomy to treat obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
Polysomnography is indicated for positive airway pressure (PAP) titration in children with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
Please Note: One parent or caregiver must be available throughout the child's sleep test procedure and must be able to spend the night with them.
Adult and pediatric (5 years and above) sleep studies are performed at all three of our locations. Pediatric sleep studies on children younger than 5 years old are offered only at the Berkley location.
If your child's doctor recommends that he/she be tested for a sleep disorder, we encourage you to bring your child and visit the sleep lab prior to their scheduled procedure. This will help them become familiar with the surroundings and our caring staff can answer any questions you or your child might have.
To make an appointment, call 888-71-SLEEP (888-717-5337).
Three Convenient Locations
1949 W. Twelve Mile Rd., LL
Berkley, MI 48072
15959 Hall Rd., LL Suite 100
Macomb, MI 48044
St. Clair Shores
25631 Little Mack, Suite 203
St. Clair Shores, MI 48081