Are you recovering from an accident or illness? Could you use help with household tasks?
We can assist you to remain in your own home.
Our commitment is to enrich your quality of life by helping with your day-to-day activities. Care-giving families and individuals can also rely on Helping Hands for a much-needed break. Knowing that a consistent and competent companion is scheduled provides peace of mind and security.
The Helping Hands program has been offered through Beaumont since 1992.
Quality Care Starts With Quality Staff
Our staff selection process is an important part of our care. Our top priority is to provide an employee you are comfortable with and who is competent and reliable. Each employee is carefully screened and selected by investigating the following credentials:
- reference evaluation
- health screening
- driving record check
- criminal background check
Our services are based on your individual needs. We work hard to provide care that is flexible and personalized just for you. Our staff can provide a listening ear, cheerful conversation and companionship as well as assisting with the everyday tasks that help you remain safe and comfortable. Available services include:
Personal Care Services
- errands or transportation to doctor and other appointments, shopping, social activities
- tub bath, shower or sponge bath
- grooming and dressing assistance
- help in the bathroom
- shave, shampoo and mouth care
- walking and exercise reminder
- medication reminder
- companionship and supervision
- daily contact calls
- meal preparation and dishes
- kitchen and bathroom cleaning
- floor mopping or sweeping
- dusting and vacuuming
- emptying wastebaskets
- tidying refrigerator and storage areas
- organizing incoming mail
- changing bed linen
Helping Hands provides:
- a registered nurse who comes to your home before service begins
- a plan of care that you create with the registered nurse to meet your individual needs
- staff who are compassionate and caring
- an ongoing schedule with consistent companions
- regular evaluation of staff competency skills
- supervisors who are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- regular opportunities for you to give feedback on companion performance
- flexibility if any staff change is needed
Companion visits can be scheduled any time of the day including morning, afternoon, evening or overnight. Visits are scheduled in blocks of three or more hours, up to 24 hours and are available seven days a week. Our companions will help you in any setting including your home, senior apartment, nursing home or hospital.
- three hours or more, minimum of two visits per week
- four hours per visit if just one visit a week
Extended Visit (discounted hourly rate)
- eight or more consecutive hours, at least once weekly
Two Person Visit (slightly higher rate)
- two clients in same household
Errands and transportation can be provided during any of the above visits. Mileage is charged when the client requests errands or transportation. The employee's personal vehicle is typically used.
Beaumont Helping Hands Can Assist Adults
- who need basic care and personal assistance (not nursing care)
- who are able to lift and transfer themselves with limited assistance
- bedbound care can be provided
For more information, please call 248-743-6667. A limited number of scholarships are available for qualified low-income individuals requiring transportation for Beaumont appointments.
Could you use Beaumont Helping Hands? For more information, please call 248-743-6667.