Hip Physical Therapy
Hip physical therapy addresses any hip movement dysfunction through evaluation and treatment of the entire biomechanical chain to promote musculoskeletal symmetry and optimal neuromuscular function. The goal of hip physical therapy is to allow each patient to obtain the functional ability necessary to perform the activities required by their lifestyle and to meet the demands of their environment.
Hip physical therapists examine and treat the symptomatic hip with a comprehensive approach to the whole patient. Hip therapy consists of ongoing treatment adjustments and modifications which are customized to each patient's feedback and response. Supportive functional exercise programs are designed for each patient which are compatible with the manual techniques utilized to restore normal function. Gait deviations are improved by stretching and strengthening of the core and lower extremity musculature. Gait training is utilized to emphasize proper ambulatory techniques. Assistive devices are used as necessary, to improve the patient's independence with ambulation, bending, lifting and getting in and out of chairs/bed.
Specialized Hip Physical Therapy Programs
- HOPE-pre-surgical program for TKA -Royal Oak
- Joint Adventure -pre-surgical program for TKA -Troy
- Spa by the Shore
Skills and Licensure of Clinicians
Licensed Physical Therapists, Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapists, Certified Athletic Trainers, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists, Certified Polestar and Stott Pilates Instructors are on staff to meet patients' needs. Each of these certifications requires advanced post-graduate education.
- Acute traumatic hip injuries
- Avascular necrosis
- Muscle strains
- Trochanteric bursitis
- Overuse injuries
- Hip pain
- All post-operative hip conditions, including THA, arthroscopy, labral repair, ORIF, osteotomy, surgical dislocation and more
Geriatric Hip Therapy
For your post acute care, Beaumont + Premier offer unique, personalized, short and long term rehabilitation services in state-of-the-art facilities located across the Metro Detroit area. Our progressive rehabilitation team includes over 400 skilled Physical, Occupational and Speech Language therapists that provide superior care in the Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne counties.
The Beaumont Hip Physical Therapy Program accepts coverage from most major insurance companies. Discount programs are available for those who qualify.
- Normalize joint arthrokinematics
- Achieve synchronized muscular balance, recruitment and strength
- Restore adaptable postural control and stabilization
- Promote optimal balance and proprioception
- Obtain sufficient functional ability necessary to meet environmental and lifestyle demands
- Rehabilitation Services and Programs
- Adult Rehabilitation
- Centers and Locations
- Men's Services
- Services and Benefits
- Speech and Language
- Transition to Athletics Guidance
- Women’s Services
- Your First Visit
- Children's Rehabilitation
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Adult Rehabilitation