The Pilates method of treatment addresses overall total body alignment, flexibility, posture, balance, strength and endurance by utiilzing mind-body exercise that focuses on core stability, including pelvic and shoulder girdle stabilization and neutral spinal alignment synchronized with awareness of proper breathing techniques. The goal is a balanced body that allows the patient/client to function at their optimal ability during day-to-day activities and promotes peak sports performance.
Pilates training can be incorporated within a patient's overall therapy treatment to assist the patient in meeting their goals, especially when progressive joint and muscle loading is needed, and to build core stability in a controlled, progressive, resistive loading system.
Pilates is utilized for personal fitness in the therapy setting to enhance a client's overall physical fitness and well-being, with individualized one-on-one sessions with a Certified Polestar or Stott Pilates Instructor.
Skills and Licensure of Clinicians
Certified Polestar Pilates Instructors, Certified Stott Pilates Instructors, Licensed Physical Therapists, Registered Occupational Therapists are on staff to meet patients' needs.
- Orthopedic musculoskeletal pathologies when appropriate in a formal therapy setting
- Wellness training to improve overall physical fitness
We accept coverage from most major insurance companies when Pilates is utilized within a formal therapy session due to a pathology. Pilates wellness training is a self-pay service.
- Promote muscle balance, flexibility and strength
- Improve core strength and stability
- Relieve stress and musculoskeletal pain
- Achieve optimal body balance and coordination
- Enhance sports performance
- Increase mind-body awareness
- Improve overall fitness, strength and coordination for all age groups from active athletes to patients demonstrating pathologies
- Improve the body's ability to function in synchrony by stabilizing the body's core
- Pilates treatment method allows each participant to function at their optimal ability during day-to-day activities and promotes peak sports performance
- Rehabilitation Services and Programs
- Adult Rehabilitation
- Centers and Locations
- Men's Services
- Services and Benefits
- Speech and Language
- Transition to Athletics Guidance
- Women’s Services
- Your First Visit
- Children's Rehabilitation
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Adult Rehabilitation