Reiki Training Program Overview, Dates and Fees
Training is held at our Royal Oak campus in the Rose Cancer Center. The maximum class size is 12. Please note that these popular classes fill very quickly. Registrations will be accepted in the order in which they are received and paid.
An Introduction to Reiki Therapy - Reiki I – The Research and the Science
This first level of training is educational in scope. This one-day class is designed to meet the needs of professional nurses and other health care providers, to increase evidence-based knowledge about the relevance of Reiki therapy in healthcare. Others who are interested in learning more about this subject are also welcome to attend.
This program is approved for 7 contact hours. Participants must sign in, attend the entire training and complete evaluation forms to receive contact hours. Beaumont Health System is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Illinois Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
2013 and 2014 Training Dates for Reiki I: Each training session is one-day - $200
- Saturday, September 14, 2013 9 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, September 15, 2013 9 am to 5 pm
- Saturday, April 5, 2014 9 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, April 6, 2014 9 am to 5 pm
- Saturday, September 13, 2014 9 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, September 14, 2014 9 am to 5 pm
Reiki Level II: Learning to Facilitate Reiki for Others - $250
The Level One training, An Introduction to Reiki Therapy, presented an evidence-basis for Reiki. This Level Two training builds on that foundation, teaching the techniques and skills needed to begin facilitating Reiki for others. In addition, Level Two will move beyond the physical level to address the emotional and mental dimensions of health and healing.
This two-day class provides instruction for professional nurses, other health care providers and community members to learn how to facilitate Reiki for others. Contact hours are not provided for this second level of training. Upon completion of Level Two, students may be invited, as volunteers, to facilitate Reiki for the Department of Integrative Medicine.
2013 and 2014 Training Dates: Each training session is two consecutive weekend days. Please note that students need to set-aside a two-hour time block for additional practice at home on the Saturday evening of training.
- Saturday, June 22, 2013 and Sunday, June 23, 2013 Sat. 10 am to 4 pm Sun. 10 am to 2 pm
- Saturday, November 9, 2013 and Sunday, November 10, 2013 Sat. 10 am to 4 pm Sun. 10 am to 2 pm
- Saturday, June 21, 2014 and Sunday, June 22, 2014 Sat. 10 am to 4 pm Sun. 10 am to 2 pm
- Saturday, Nov. 15, 2014 and Sunday, Nov. 15, 2014 Sat. 10 am to 4 pm Sun. 10 am to 2 pm
2014 Reiki Level III – Advanced Practitioner, Master Level - $400
- Saturday, March 15, 2014 Sat. 10 am to 4 pm
- Sunday, March 16, 2014 Sat. 10 am to 4 pm
To register for these classes, please contact:
Sandra Kohlmeyer, Integrative Medicine